Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Finals

I am almost done with finals. So far I think I have aced everything. That's a little arrogant but I do not understand why I do so well on tests but not on everything else. I guess I just apply myself more on situations that can adversely affect your GPA.

It's a great time for me but sad all at the same time. It's rare that student's meet professors that they actually like. I have had one the past two semesters that has to be one of the top in the country. I cannot take her again because the bureaucratic powers that be at the university will not let her teach anything that doesn't deal with law (she is a retired attorney). You think they would let her teach anything concerning criminal justice but they won't. That's crap because they will let some "joe-schmo" Master's student straight off the street teach. Oh well, what are you going to do? I have thoroughly enjoyed her classes though and although they were online, I feel I learned a tremendous amount about the integrity of our legal system.

Anyways, I could tell you so many problems with bureaucracy in general but who couldn't. Colleges seem to be more interested in making money these days than actually teaching the students what they need to learn. They should focus them more in their disciplines rather than trying to produce interdisciplinary minds. It's nice to have knowledge in many areas but it's more important to have a lot of knowledge in one. For example, flying a plane requires a lot of knowledge but the one thing you better know how to do is take-off and land.

I love blogging. I just vented and I feel much better. You all should try it.

No comments: