Thursday, December 6, 2007

Wow, this sucks!

I was extremely nervous yet excited in my last blog about 40 minutes ago. Now I am extremely disappointed. I was set to fly my absolute first flight in an airplane cockpit today but will not be able to due to my flight instructor (FI) having a cross-country flight right beforehand. I was getting myself all juiced up and ready to go and now I have to wait another 26 hours until I can fly.

He actually called me while I was writing the last blog to tell me that he may not make it back by 1630 (I use military time, Central Time Zone). It sucks because I was so nervous that my hands began to get cold because all of the blood was rushing to my heart in preparation for the fight or flight response. Of course I was going to choose flight. That was a bad joke, sorry. There will be many of those.

I am really looking forward to your questions concerning the different officer candidate schools. I hope those experienced pilots can give me information on flying. Just in case I don't get in, what are my options? I kind of know but an experienced pilot would be wonderful to hear from. I will post more tonight or tomorrow and let you know what happens. What was a day I was looking forward to has just become a normal day.

No comments: